In the physical world, all complex products through the stage of engineering design, which creates a model of the future product. This greatly reduces the risk of the final formulation and ensures the best results. Information products - is no exception. Creating websites, intranet portals, mobile applications should always start with a design. This is your first step on the road to a successful project.
Creating the perfect interface project is impossible without a clearly established process that combines a number of interrelated steps:
- Formation strategy. We define business objectives and the needs of users, forming UX-strategy.
- Formalizing requirements. The strategy is transformed into a set of clear, formal requirements imposed on the system and interface.
- Information architecture. We think through the information architecture of the project, taking into account the functional specificity and the importance of easy and quick access to the content.
- Interaction design / Prototyping. For each unique pattern of the future project, a prototype, which was then adapted for mobile devices.
- Interface Design. Developed design concept, based on which creates design of all application screens or pages. The interface takes the form of the finished product.
You need to design, if
- Do you have a project idea, but there is no complete picture of what this should happen;
- Do you want to save on design and product development;
- Your existing project is not profitable;
- You are a developer and you need a clear message to the last detail before the layout and the programming that you will develop;
- You want to create a successful and high-quality project.
- Predictable outcome
Due to the pre-design you will be able to work out the concept of his project in detail and visualize their ideas. It allows in the shortest possible to get a clear idea of the final product.
- Save time and money on developing
Without design product development time is extended by several times, and the budget is increased accordingly. You can avoid these problems with the originally-designed concept and a prototype of the future product. A design itself occupies only 10-20% of the total development time.
- Quality and efficiency of the final product
Efficiency is estimated percentage of successfully completed tasks. Preliminary design will allow you to consider all possible scenarios and user behavior to achieve their successful implementation.
- The best preparation for tender for the development of
With the prototype and requirements specification, you can easily prepare the tender for the development. And developers will be able to adequately assess the cost and time required.
- The ability to make your users happy
Professionally designed products are characterized by a clear structure and logic, clear and simple interface. Due to the design of your product will meet the real needs of users and meet their expectations.